Killua Zoldyck) is the third child of Silva and Kikyo Zoldyck and the heir of the Zoldyck Family, until he runs away from home and becomes a Rookie Hunter. He is the best friend of Gon Freecss and is currently part with the Traveling Strike Force with his friends.
Killua like typical kid his age comes of as cheerful, cheeky and full of mischievous ideas. However unlike Gon who is quite polite to most people Killua is rude and likes to mess around with most people, mostly strangers and and older people.
He is known to great sweet tooth and loves most sweets and treats spending around 200 jennys on snacks when he was at the Heaven's Arena. His favorite snack is chocolate, specifically Chocolate Balls.
He is also one of the quickest-thinking characters and often analyzes a situation with great ease and accuracy. In spite of his young age, his way of thinking, knowledge, and pragmatism give him the attitude of an adult. He is initially very confident about his own abilities, going as far as questioning Gon's capability during the Hunter Exam, and compares his strength with other people. However over time and facing stronger people he becomes more humble and no longer touts his own abilities. Despite his advanced knowledge and level-headed nature, he is not very open in general and will become very embarrassed when Gon openly calls him his best friend or compliments him about their bond.
Despite gruesome training and horrible by his family, Killua still has somewhat positive outlook on life does not seem too psychologically affected by the pain he's endured, demonstrating a noble, pure side of him. When showcasing his abilities and turning his Nen into electricity, both Netero and Biscuit have noted how truly tragic his childhood must have been, with the former stating that it's a miracle Killua is even able to smile at all.
However he does have dark side as when shown in his skill in the art of killing his bloodlust, deadly, violent, ruthless attitude is shown, however oever this part is shown less and less and start to fade, though in most cases he won't hesitate to kill anyone who attacks him or Gon. He a great loyalty to those he sees as his friends.
Killua often suffers immensely in his attempts to help his friends without a single complaint. He puts others before himself without being concerned about his own health or even his life.
Killua also has addiction to gambling going as far as to be willing to gamble with his life to get a big reward in the slot machine and seem to show heavy gambling rush in his eyes causing Biscuit to neck chop him to make him stop.
Unlike Gon, he is quite mature for his age, keeping his mind sharp, emotions in check at most times and maintain rationality better than Gon even when facing a terrifying experience like the death of Kite, while Gon gives in to his rage and loses his logical thinking.
History (Hunter X Hunter Series)
Killua was born the 3rd son of Silva Zoldyck and Kikyo Zoldyck as a member of the Zoldyck Family. A famous of powerful Assassins. Show great talent from birth he was trained at young age as typical for members of his family by his father and eldest brother Illumi Zoldyck. He had already mastered many killing techniques at a tender age and was set to be one of the best assassins the family had ever produced. At the age of three, he started training in tailing that routinely put his life at risk
At 3 years old he discovered Alluka Zoldyck powers after fulfilling her three requests which caused Nanika to appear He asked her how to revert the change, and it explained its powers to him. He decided to keep it a secret from their parents, who were however informed by Mitsuba after she witnessed one episode. Silva and Kikyo questioned him about it, and he relayed what Nanika told him, adding that refusing four demands resulted in death only after Mitsuba is killed.
A 6 years old he was forced by his father to enter the Martial Arts tournament at the Heaven's Arena not letting his come home till her reached the 200th level, which took him 2 years though it took two months to reach the 150th level.
When he was six or seven, he mastered the game of darts as part of basic training. Around the age of nine, he met and attempted to befriend the newly hired butler Canary, however due the family rules and due to their different status, she declined his offer to be friends.
Some point in his life his family while found his assassination skills great determined that he did not have the mindset of an Assassin and Illumi implanted a special needle in his head to subliminally remodel his character through fear, as well as to prevent him from freeing Alluka from her playroom.
Sick of his family lifestyle he rebelled against the family injuring his mother and his older brother Miluki Zoldyck running away from to take part the Hunter Exam for fun. By this time he had already killed more people then the Bombers.
War of Discoveries(Prologue)
War of Discoveries(RWBY Campaign)
Killua has a mixed relationship with his family members. As the child of an assassination family, he was taught at an early age and endured hard and intense training. Despite the intense training he received from his parents, he doesn't hate them and accepted that in their own peculiar way, was their way of showing love. He has respect for his grandfather and holds his skills in high regard. He doesn't get along with his brothers, especially his eldest brother Illumi due to the torture and planting a forced needle in his head to forcing him to comply with his orders. The only family member he has shown to love unconditionally is his younger sister Alluka, he is treated as a monster by the rest of her family due to her dangerous powers.
Killua relationship with the TSF is currently unknown, but its clear that most are put off by his background as an assassin as well as his intent to kill his enemies. Some such as Blake, who greatly disproves of killing whereas some such as Ren, are a bit uncomfortable with his background but believe overall his a good person. Despite, this Killua sees them all as comrades and he won't hesitate to protect them when their in danger, even the members who distrust him the most.
While not as formal as most people when addressing Sojiro as "Gramps" instead of his title, Killua treats Sojiro casually and civil with the old Watcher. In return, Sojiro is father fond of enthusiastic side and doesn't seem bothered by his family background of assassins. After Gon volunteered to join his group, Sojiro extended the offer to Killua, which he accepts to help his friend Gon, thus becoming one his new students, to which Killua follows his orders without any complaints. Unlike most elderly people, Sojiro is one of the few adults Killua gets along with, for during his time training as his student he helped him get stronger and learn how to expand his Nen abilites, to which Killua is thankful to the old Watcher.
During the three month training with Sojiro, the Grandmaster had Izuku and Killua spare with each other in order for both to gain control over their powers, to which Killua was thankful to Izuku.
Although there wasn't much interaction between the two. Yang was initially spooked by Killua assassination skills much to the latter's amusement.
For the Cults intention to purge everybody within his worlds and a member of the TSF, Killua is an enemy of the Cult. As such, he holds nothing back when fighting, using his skills as an assassin to kill any members he comes across.
Powers and Abilities
Killua has been trained since birth to become a human weapon and is recognized by his family to be the most talented assassin in the entire history of the Zoldycks. When he took the Hunter Exam the first time, he was the fourth most powerful applicant (after Gittarackur, and, by his own admission, Hisoka and Hanzo, although the latter was without entering his "assassin mode"), and the one that Satotz believed would pass. Like his friend Gon, Killua has an astounding natural talent that enables him to learn at a fast rate and allegedly ad infinitum, a characteristic that piqued Hisoka's interest. His potential extends to Nen as well, as noted by Wing and Bisky. Although he primarily fights with his bare hands, Killua is able to use any kind of weapons, but the only one he employs consistently are his custom-made yo-yos. When he tried to prevent the Selection, he was so confident in his strength that he claimed that tanks and fighter jets would be useless against him, and in fact, he was able to effortlessly subdue a military unit comprised of at least four tanks.
Due to his extent training as an assassin, Killua is a very strong fighter, who has been noted of his potential. In the past, he has hold his own and defeated many fighters, including serial killers, several hunters and even Chimera Ants. He was even able to kill several Watchers of the Cult Of The End with quick precision and skills with ease. Even Skyler Poe, an member of the White Fangs assassination unit, The Mavericks, was terrified of Killua when he became enraged and admitted that he couldn't defeat Killua in a one on one fight, even before being killed by Killua he had admitted he would be a threat to all of The Mavericks.
Enhanced Strength: Killua has displayed his strength on several occasions. Before he learned Nen, he was able to open a 16-ton gate and after he learned Nen, he opened the 64-ton gate. He can easily lift boulders several times his own weight and bisect massive trees with a single strike. He was able to rip off Rammot's head with one swift motion and crush it in his hand, as well as to pierce the exoskeletons of two Chimera Ants with his bare hands and minimum aura expenditure.
Immense Speed: Killua is extremely quick on his feet. He was able to pluck out Johness' heart without the serial killer noticing until he saw his own heart. When he retried the Hunter Exam, he knocked out a maximum of 1488 applicants in less than 45 minutes, his speed being such that the few who managed to catch a glimpse of him only saw a shadow. Upon removing the needle, possibly due to becoming capable of devolving his full abilities to offense, Killua's speed increased to the point he was able to cover the distance between himself and Rammot and sever the upset Chimera Ant's head without him being able to react, whereas previously Rammot managed to hold his own against both Killua and Gon at the same time. He was even able to swiftly to appear a Deacon of the Cult Of The End and kill him instantly (although the Deacon was seriously injured from his fight with Yang. After his training with Sojiro he had become quick enough to terminate a group of Cultist before even his teammates had a chance to fight.
Immense Reflexes: As impressive as Killua's attack and movement speed, if not even more so, are his reactions: he can dodge a bullet moving at extreme velocity even if it is fired within 57 cm of his body.
Immense Agility: Killua's mobility allows him to attack from every position, move in the enemy's blind spot, and fight on any kind of terrain. In terms of defense, Killua takes full advantage of his agility to jump out of reach or dodge the enemy's attacks without losing his foothold. He has an excellent sense of balance, as seen when he was shown standing with nonchalance on the back of a horse, and exceptional coordination. He managed to dispatch a small squadron of Chimera Ants that had drawn him in the treetops and surrounded him in a few seconds, not only avoiding their attacks, but also turning them against his assailants.
Immense Poison Resistance
Muscle and Joint Control
Master Hand-to-Hand Combatant
Master Weapon Specialist
Master of Stealth
As a Transmuter, Killua's most efficient in changing the properties and shape of his aura. Just like Gon's, Killua's talent is said to be absolutely astounding, found only in one out of ten million people. Thanks to Biscuit's training he has honed his skills in at least two Nen types other than his own, namely Enhancement and Conjuration. He has also mastered the four basic techniques and at least five of the advanced ones (the exceptions being possibly In and En, although he is able to extend his Ren to a radius of 57 cm to sense incoming attacks). He performed Ten successfully on the first try with next to no instructions, a feat which Wing described as both "amazing" and "terrifying", and learned Ren and Gyo in only one night. He was also capable of performing Zetsu with great skill and without guidance after seeing Gon use it against Gido. It also earned him the praise of the Phantom Troupe, although they were able to sense him. He is able to maintain Ren for three hours outside of combat without the slightest difficulty, and Ten at all times. He can form Ko in an instant, as shown when he used it to knock Gon out while the latter was going to fight Neferpitou. While Gon can release a bigger amount of aura, Killua is generally hailed as the one with the best control, to the point that by the time he confronted Razor he was already capable of distributing his aura with a margin of error lower than 1%, which caused Biscuit to comment that she reached his degree of mastery only in her late twenties. In spite of his lack of experience, he can measure with accuracy how much aura he should employ and in which area in a split second, relying solely on the instinctive knowledge granted by his fearsome potential. He easily got ahead of Gon during their training on Greed Island, overcoming his inexperience with sheer insight.
Killua developed a series of Nen abilities in which he alters the properties of his aura to make it similar to electricity. This was inspired and made possible by the years of electric shocks he received as a child, both as training against torture and as punishment. Biscuit was very impressed that he could create such a complex Nen ability at his age. He can shock the opponent either through physical contact or while keeping his distance, channeling his aura through his yo-yos or throwing it in the form of a lightning strike. Although most Nen users receive no damage from the electricity itself, they are still hurt and paralyzed for a few instants. The peak of Killua's Nen skills are two Nen abilities collectively referred to as Godspeed ( Kanmuru), both of which use Killua's electric aura to vastly enhance his speed by allowing him to transcend the limits of his physical potential: Whirlwind makes his movements automatic, while Speed of Lightning allows him to remain in control his body. Regardless of which core function he employs, he can regulate the discharge of electricity outside of his body, making it so an ally touching him will only feel a mild stinging sensation, whereas an enemy being struck by one of his blows will be painfully electrocuted and even suffer burns if unprotected. Both applications can also be used to carry others, both to displace them and to protect them from enemy attacks.
In order to generate electric aura, Killua needs to "charge" himself by letting electricity run through his body, such as by tasering himself or holding onto a plug. By his own admission, however, his electric aura is not very potent and he runs out of it rather quickly. Another inconvenience is that Killua is not aware of exactly how much electric aura he produces, which can result in him depleting his reserves unexpectedly.
- Lighting Palms: The first ability Killua named, as well as the most basic one in his arsenal, consists in him electrocuting his opponent by touching them with both palms and pushing them back. The first and only time this Nen ability was used, it barely seared Sub's sweater, but hurt and stunned him for a few seconds.
- Thunderbolt: Killua leaps into the air above the opponent and projects a bolt of lightning from his fingers, paralyzing them for a few moments and causing them pain. Although the ability was unable to inflict any visible damage to Rammot even before the latter learned Nen, it succeeded in stunning Menthuthuyoupi. On both occasions, Thunderbolt was utilized to allow an ally to strike the opponent while they were vulnerable.
- Whirlwind: The first core function of Godspeed has Killua react automatically to external stimuli. Instead of the normal process of the stimulus being perceived by the nerves, which transmit a signal to the brain which in turn sends an instruction to the muscles, Killua programs his aura to send an electric signal to his muscles so as to instantly react to a threat, bypassing the comparatively slow nervous system. The aura can be preprogrammed to respond to different stimuli: physical contact, malevolent intent in enemy aura, or someone stepping in a predetermined perimeter, and the specific response is preprogrammed as well. Concretely, this results in a drastic boost to Killua's reaction time, which has both offensive and defensive uses. When Killua used a prototype of this ability, he was able to grab a dart between the instant it was conjured, already in contact with his skin, and the moment it punctured it. Whirlwind is also effective as an offensive ability. If the opponent executes the action Killua has preprogrammed a response for, he will, in most cases, be able to land an attack before they can, thanks to both his reaction and his movement speed being drastically enhanced. When he used this application of Godspeed against Menthuthuyoupi, Killua was able to momentarily disappear from his sight, and struck him several times without the latter being able to do anything, the short lapse between the Royal Guard's aura surging and him taking any action being enough for Killua to preempt any move his adversary could make. Youpi himself admitted to being completely powerless throughout the beating. On that occasion, despite his attacks inflicting no damage at all, Killua's electricity proved powerful enough to elicit screams of pain out of Youpi, as well as to paralyze him for a few instants. When he later used the same ability against Shaiapouf's clone, which is considerably swift in its own right, Killua was able to dodge its attacks with Komugi on his back, leading Pouf to fear that even with all his cells, he would have a hard time catching him, and then burn off its cells by generating an electric current between his fingers whenever it stepped into a circle he had drawn. Since giving an order to one's aura is generally a Manipulation skill, it is possible, albeit unconfirmed, that Whirlwind makes use of this Nen category.
- Speed Of Lighting: The second application of Godspeed allows Killua to retain conscious control of his movements. His running speed and jumping ability increase dramatically, hence why he uses it primarily to cover long distances in a very short amount of time. As a consequence, this core function is more affected than Whirlwind by the terrain: Tsubone was able to keep Killua in sight while he was running through the woods, but was shaken off as soon as he reached a paved road. However, even at full throttle, he was severely outsped by Tsubone's motorcycle transformation while she had two riders. The butler estimated that by crossing the woods, it would take Killua 10 minutes to reach a destination about 40km (approx. 24.8 mi.) away, whereas a car driver would take twice as long. This suggests that on unfavorable terrain, Killua's speed with Speed of Lightning is approximately 240km/h (about 149.1 mph). If he carries someone, they will suffer mild electric shocks as long as they are in contact with him.
- Killua's Japanese VA is Mariya Ise who also voices Levy McGarden and Romeo Conbolt in Fairy Tail and Kiku in One Piece.
- Killua's English VA is Cristina Danielle Valenzuela who also voices Riruka Dokugamine in Bleach, Viola in One Piece and Robyn Hill in Rwby.
- Killua shares the same birthday with Natsu Dragneel, Nanao Ise, Hizashi Yamada and Kiba Inuzuka