History (Bleach Manga)
Five Worlds War: One Piece Campaign
Powers and Abilities
Yamamoto is one of the most powerful Soul Reapers, within the history of the Soul Society, being a veteran with over two thousand years of experience in battle. As its founder, Yamamoto has been the Head-Captain of the Gotei 13, being a part of the first generation, which were said to be the strongest generation of captains. As the former leader of the Gotei 13, Yamamoto holds great skill in leadership, as he was able to lead the Gotei 13 for over 1000 years ago.
In battle their are few who could match on even pair with him, the only know person who has been able to force Yamamoto to go all out and use his Bankai, is Quincy creator, Yhwach the Emperor of the Wandenreich and the strongest Act Of Chaos, who he fought a 1000 years before. This makes Yamamoto one of the few who can match with the Acts Of Chaos. The Being Of Order, Chitsujo added him as a list of reserve to even fight another Act Of Chaos Zeref.
In the past he has proven his dominance in battle against all types of foes, as he was able to face his students Shunsui Kyōraku and Jūshirō Ukitake, without getting a single wound. Effortlessly defeated the Tres Bestias and their creation Ayon and defeated Wonderweiss Margela, even with the power of his sword sealed. Then easily killing Sternritter O, Driscoll Berci, even after taking hits by the stolen Bankai of his deceased lieutenant Chōjirō Sasakibe, then after instantly burned 3 Sternritters without any effort, and defeated Sternritter Y Royd Lloyd, (a Sternritter who defeated Kenpachi Zaraki). Even Sosuke Aizen admitted that Yamamoto power is superior than his, and would have been overpowered if he fought head one with his Zanpakutō, so which is why Aizen had to resort to trickery by creating Wonderweiss to seal his Zanpakuto power.
Upon his resurection, using his vast Spirtual Pressure he was able to knock dozens of regular Coalition soldiers unconscious, a Rear Admiral of the Marines even commented that Yamamoto was a monster. Perona a former member of the Mysterious Four for the Thriller Bark Pirates, was left paralyzed and suffocating by Yamamoto's presence, and would have been had not Mihawk sent her away. But even more impressive he was able to inflict wound on Dracule Mihawk, one of the Seven Warlords of the Sea and regarded as the Worlds Greatest Swordsman of his world, and would have killed him had not Mihawk used his Haki to defend himself.
Master Swordsman: As the founder of the Shin'ō Academy and a warrior with over two millennia of combat experience, Yamamoto is the most powerful swordsman in Soul Society. Few would hope to come out alive from a fight with him. Yamamoto fought two of the strongest captain-level Shinigami in history, Shunsui Kyōraku and Jūshirō Ukitake, simultaneously and emerged without any sign of injury. His skill in swordsmanship is great enough to take down his opponent with a single precise strike.
- Hitotsume: Nadegiri (一ツ目・撫斬, The First: Killing Stroke): A precision cut of extreme force and speed which can slice through large, multi-story high opponents. The opponent is killed with one swift slash so precise, they are not even aware of it until after it has taken place. Even Dracule Mihawk admitted had he not used Haki to defend himself from the strike, he would have been killed, even still the move left he with a deep wound.
Shunpo Master: Yamamoto is highly skilled and experienced in the art of Shunpo, outracing Shunsui Kyōraku and Jūshirō Ukitake during a chase across the Seireitei. He overtook both captains, and arrived at their destination first without even being noticed by them.
Immense Spiritual Power: Being the most experienced Shinigami, Yamamoto possesses an extremely massive and powerful Reiryoku. Its sheer strength is powerful enough to effortlessly break free from four overlapping and high-level Bakudō spells restraining him. Even Aizen openly acknowledges Yamamoto's power (via his Zanpakutō) as being so superior that if he were to fight directly against it, it would overpower him.Yamamoto has served as the Captain-Commander of the Gotei 13 for over 1,000 years because there has not been a Shinigami stronger than him in all this time.
- Masterful Reiatsu Control: Yamamoto can exert his Reiatsu to induce fear in captain-level combatants, and can physically paralyze and possibly even choke combatants of lieutenant-level and lower simply by gazing in their direction. Yamamoto's spiritual pressure has the same effect as his Zanpakutō, for it is the elemental representative of fire. He tends to glow with a fiery aura, which has the potential to burn and set his surroundings on fire without the use of his Zanpakutō. It is the formidable pressure of his Reiatsu which makes the Reiatsu itself look like flames. When Yamamoto is enraged, his Reiatsu is powerful enough to be felt all around Seireitei with tremendous force.
Master Strategist & Tactician:
Ryūjin Jakka (流刃若火, Flowing Blade-like Flame; Viz "Flowing Blade Young Flame"): Yamamoto's Zanpakutō is the oldest and most powerful fire-type Zanpakutō, and has greater offensive power than all other Zanpakutō in Soul Society. In its sealed form, Ryūjin Jakka usually takes the appearance of a wooden staff, which can be used like a spear. At any time, Yamamoto can remove this disguise by peeling off the wood, revealing its true form of a standard katana, with a dark purple handle and a circular hand guard. After Yamamoto was killed, Ryūjin Jakka, now scorched and shattered, was returned to the 1st Division barracks.
- Yamamoto's Japanese VA is Masaaki Tsukada who also voices Toto in One Piece.
- Yamamoto's English VA is Neil Kaplan who also voices Ruzaburō "Enryū" Enkōgawa, Gesell, Tenken, Zommari Rureaux. Kiyoyasu, Obito and Madara Uchiha in Naruto.
- Yamamoto shares the same birthday as Ms. Friday.