- 1 Introduction
- 2 Personality
- 3 History (One Piece manga)
- 4 Five Worlds War: Fairy Tail Campaign
- 5 Five Worlds War: One Piece Campaign
- 6 Relationships
- 7 Powers and Abilities
- 8 Trivia
Donquixote Doflamingo, nicknamed "Heavenly Yaksha",was the captain of the Donquixote Pirates, one of theShichibukai with a frozen bounty of 340,000,000, the former most influential underworld broker under the codename "Joker", and is a former World Noble of the Donquixote Familydescent. He is the son of Donquixote Homing and the older brother of Rosinante, both of whom he killed out of feeling betrayed by them. Doflamingo became the king of Dressrosa after taking the throne from Riku Dold III eight years before the start of the series; he ruled the country tyrannically until he was stripped of his positions as a Shichibukai and king after he was defeated by Monkey D. Luffy near the end of theDressrosa Arc, being arrested alongside most of his crew members by Admiral Fujitora. He is an antagonist in One Piece and in Five Worlds War.
Doflamingo prideful, arrogant and carefree guy that for most part does what he wants. He comes of as overdramatic with his posing sitting in weird positions and declarations on events and people. He has little fear for most people as example he robbed the World Nobles of the tributes and only fearing select few examples being members of the Clan of D and Kaido. He does however hate rumors such the one based on the amber lead sickness being contagious.
Under most circumstances he keeps a level head such as when Baby 5 tried kill him while on the phone by simply dodging. He does however get annoyed though rare occasions such as when was summoned to Mary Geoise.
He suffers from post traumatic stress disorder do the horrors he received as a child, waking up drench in sweat.
He also believes that those who have strength and power make the rules. As such, he finds it wasteful for individuals with great power, such as Ichigo Kurosaki, not to use it for their own goals and ambitions, even saying to Ichigo he has lived an empty life because he doesn't have any personal dreams.
History (One Piece manga)
Dolflamingo was born in Mary Geoise as one of the World Nobles one of decedents of royal families who founded the World Government. However, when Doflamingo was eight years old, his father Homing chose to cease being a World Noble and live a normal, but still somewhat well-off, life along with his wife and two children. After moving to an unknown country in the North Blue Dolflamingo having been used to being a World Noble expected the commoners to bow to him. Despite his father renouncing his World Noble title, the people who they tried to live among resented them due to their longstanding hatred for the World Nobles. Subsequently, the people of the country persecuted him and his family. They burned down their mansion and drove the Donquixote Family into a makeshift shaft on a junk pile, forcing the children to eat out of garbage cans out of desperation. His father called the World Nobles for only to rejected on which he observed in shocked silence.
Eventually their mother became ill and passed away. Eventually, the angry citizens tracked them down to their shack and, unable to contain their anger at the former World Nobles, attacked Doflamingo, Rosinante, and Homing. The three Donquixotes were lynched and severely beaten, but they ultimately survived, and it was then that Doflamingo swore to kill everyone, which horrified his father, brother and the mob. The memory of this experience would stay with Doflamingo for many years, and would go on to blame his father for all this suffering from thereon.
Doflamingo at some point met Vergo, Trebol, Diamante and Pica and saw the latter use conquers Haki to knock out the mob who tried to lynch him Impressed, Trebol believed Doflamingo to be chosen by heaven and then gave Doflamingo the String-String Fruit and a pistol giving the latter the power to get revenge on whoever he desired. Around 10 years old the latter decided to kill his father regain his former status as a World Noble. With the pistol gifted by Trebol, Doflamingo shot Homing in the head while ignoring Rosinante's pleas to not kill him.
Five Worlds War: Fairy Tail Campaign
Five Worlds War: One Piece Campaign
Donquixote Doflamingo makes a reappearance as a part of the Mary Geoise Coalition Unit despite the fact that he is forbidden from entering the aforementioned place as a former Warlord and Celestial Dragon. In the Battle for Mary Geoise, he interferes the stand-off between the two Acts of Order, Ichigo Kurosaki and Natsu Dragneel against Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez, Rob Lucci and Kimimaro Kaguya, saying that they're at an impasse and offering his help. Rob Lucci angrily proclaims that he is not supposed nor allowed to be there but Doflamingo explains that when he heard Mary Geoise was under attack, he simply had to see his old home for himself, further adding that he wants to see Mary Geoise's fate.
He then continues on to say that they should treat the fight as a game since they cannot decide on who was going to kill the two Acts of Order, suggesting that whoever gets them first can get what they want out of them. Kimimaro demands if he wishes to participate in the game, to which Doflamingo grins, saying that he wouldn't miss it for the world and that he has taken an interest in Orochimaru's 'pet projects'. Grimmjow promptly asks why they would agree to his idea, which causes Doflamingo to respond, saying that he is giving them a chance to willingly cooperate with each other. He then threatens them by announcing his intentions to bind them all and take on Ichigo and Natsu by himself, stating that he can do it if he wants to.
After they all agree with the idea, Doflamingo grins and asks everyone there whether they are ready for the games to begin.
Powers and Abilities
Doflamingo ate the String-String Fruit which was given to him by Trebol, granting him the ability to create and manipulate strings. He usually moves his fingers accordingly to bend them as he pleases for either manipulating people like puppets or bifurcating his targets. The strings are extremely thin and some may even be invisible, making it almost impossible to notice and avoid them. He has shown himself capable of controlling more than one person at the same time without apparent effort.
- Tamaito ( Tamaito, literally meaning "Bullet String"): Doflamingo points at his opponent with his index finger and fires a small bundle of strings from it, as if he were firing a gun; he can shoot multiple rounds from both hands simultaneously. The attack's power and effect are similar to Shigan, but it has the advantage of the longer range of a normal gun.
- Overheat ( Ōbāhīto, literally meaning "Excess Whip String"): Doflamingo shoots a thick rope made of condensed strings from his palm and whips it at the target. Overheat's range can go from the sky of Green Bit all the way to Dressrosa, a distance of many kilometers, and is strong enough to cut through a building at that range. The anime has an added effect of the whip, exuding high amounts of heat, causing it to glow a fiery orange and steam.
- Fulbright ( Furuburaito, literally meaning "Dropping Ruffian String"): Doflamingo creates five detached strings from his hand and throws them downwards to impale his target from above.
- Black Knight ( Burakku Naito, literally meaning "Shadow Knight String"): Doflamingo forms a clone of himself made entirely out of compressed strings. Doflamingo has shown great skill in manipulating his clone to orchestrate combined attacks with his real body, such as a double Goshikito or unravel it for use of Torikago. Apparently, the clone is very physically strong, able to simply swat a Jet Pistol from Luffy. Finally, since the clone consists entirely of strings, it does not feel pain and nor does it carry physical pain back to Doflamingo, unlike other devil fruit copies.
- Goshikito ( Goshikīto, literally meaning "Five Color Strings"): Doflamingo swipes his hand to slash his target with five strings coming out from his fingers. In the anime, the strings initially appear to be of a mere spider web white color, although a shimmering of colors within each string can be seen; this is changed later on, making each string one solid distinct color: red, yellow, green, blue and purple. Also, when Issho brought down a meteor, Doflamingo used a similar technique by crossing two Goshikito together to form a net-formation, though smaller in comparison and, unlike Kumo no Sugaki, able to slice through matter. It is called Pentachromatic Strings.
- Parasite ( Parasaito, literally meaning "Parasite String"): Doflamingo attaches his strings onto his targets' spine at the base of the neck and manipulates their movements like marionettes; usually, only single strings seem to attach to them, at least when more than one is targeted. The controlled can still control their head, but everything below the neck is manipulated by Doflamingo, as seen when the controlled are still able to talk and make their own facial expressions, which contradicts their forced actions. Although Doflamingo is commonly seen moving his fingers in a similar manner to how a marionettist manipulates a marionette while controlling people (it visually mimics the marionette cross with a few alterations (both middle and pinky fingers are extended while the index and the ring finger are curved back at the upper digits while the thumb sticks out)), it does not seem to be necessary, due to the fact that he can control many individuals at the same time (which also makes it seem that Doflamingo does not have to concentrate on the control(s) at all) and, in the anime, he was able to control with both hands in his pockets.
- Athlete ( Asurīto, literally meaning "Leg Shave String"): Doflamingo attaches several long strings to his foot and kicks his opponents, cutting them.
- Itonoko (糸ノコ Itonoko, literally meaning "Fretsaw"): Doflamingo creates a string from the heel of his foot and attaches the other end to his leg. Holding the opponent down with his arms, he then uses the taut string as a saw to sever the opponent's limb. The produced cut is rather jagged, making it very hard to reattach any severed limbs. It's also called the Leg Saw.
- Ever White ( Ebā Howaito, literally meaning "Deep Sea Whitecaps"): Doflamingo kneels and touches the ground with his hands before turning a vast amount of the surrounding area into string.
- Billow White ( Birō Howaito, literally meaning "Billow White String"): Doflamingo turns several buildings into towering masses of strings before sending them at an opponent.
- Flap Thread ( Furappu Sureddo, literally meaning "Feather Attack String"): Doflamingo condenses the vast amount of string from Ever White into countless points infused with Busoshoku Haki, which he refers to as a "Thousand Arrows" (千本の矢 Senbon no Ya), before sending them at his opponent in the formation of two wings. It is possibly a homage to his childhood while he was being tortured as someone wanted to fire a thousand arrows at Doflamingo and his family.
- Master Hand-To-Hand Combatant
- Immense Durability
- Immense Endurance
- Immense Speed
- Immense Strength
- Immense Reflexes
- Immense Agility
- Dolflamingo's Japanese VA is Hideyuki Tanaka
- Dolflamingo's English VA is Robert McCollum who voices, Ed, Chaka and Calgara in One Piece, Jellal Fernandes and Mystogan in Fairy Tail, Julius Novachrono in Black Clover and Chizome Akaguro in My Hero Academia.
- Dolflamingo shares the birthday with Hashirama Senju, Dodai and Nebra Silva.